Monday 21 April 2014

Spillage

So the other day I was at some far off place in a church watching my teacher's compositions be played live. It was pretty cool until the preacher guy came on and started telling people you'll never be a good person until you believe in his god. And then you watch as these parents are pushing their little children, 2 to 5 years old, innocent toddlers and minds, up to the front. Where they are taken to the back room once the service is over to begin the process of a lifelong indoctrination. It made me feel sad, and a little sick in my stomach. I've been told that the parents feel it's important therefore it's their decision what they teach their kids. But, sigh. I just don't know. Those kids wouldn't know any better. If you told a child all their life that under the ground is a hidden palace of golden jewels, they'd believe it. Especially if it came from people they trust; parents, teachers, peers. Et cetera.

I decided to take the long way home, mainly so I could just listen to music. I took a bus for once instead of the train. The train would have taken 15 minutes, but I felt a nice 45 minute bus ride going through places I haven't even heard of yet sounded nicer. I say sounded, but the only thing I could hear was the blasting of the Front Bottoms in my ear. That band is pretty good, grows on you the more you listen too. I suppose that's true for most bands.

Currently it's exam preparation week. That's not the actual name of the week, but I don't know what else to call it. My recital will be next wednesday. That's when I'll be presenting my rock opera to the judges, if you will. A head of audio production and a head of classical music. I'm not really sure what they'll think of it, but I tried to fit to the rubric as close as possible. Hopefully it'll be better than last semester. Not that I did terribly last time, but it's always nice to improve a bit.

I really miss my old friends. It feels like forever ago since I've spoken to anyone who isn't living on this little rock currently. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I suppose the trouble is since it's been so long, I don't really know how to start anything. The conversation I mean. I'm sure everyone's just busy doing their own thing too. Some'd be close to finishing their first year too. Or their first half year. Or just living. I had a dream where everyone was around and it was like nothing had changed, along with new faces being their too. It was nice. Ah, so descriptive. I feel very rusty. Haven't really had time to write anything for a long time. I've been busy too I guess you could say. I wonder if I've changed much since this time last year. Or since IB had ended. Living by myself for a while now makes me feel at times like I'm a completely different person. But still me. Eh, what am I saying. Well, I'm happy anyway. Tired. But happy. Just felt like writing a bit to myself.

Bye then.

No comments:

Post a Comment