Tuesday 17 July 2012

Nasal Nuisance

Aaagghhhh!

My ducking* nose has been so incredibly irritated this entire trip. Not irritated in the sense that it's blocked, or that i can't smell anything. On the contrary, i can quite happily continue smelling my food and the flowers. But there's this burning, scratching, itching feeling; it's overwhelming! So overpowering that sometimes i just wish i didn't even have a nose.

Heh. How weird would that be? Not having a nose i mean.

But anyway. Ugh! Fuck!

Bit hey ya know, other than that this trip has been pretty good so far. Saw Rock of Ages the Broadway musical the other day, and to my surprise it was actually pretty good. Unfortunately it raised my expectations for the next musical i was gonna see which was Spiderman. I actually just came back from it just now. Now i know this is gonna sound pessimistic (although you really should expect that from me by now) but that show. Was. An. Utter.

Snot Rag!

I think it was the music that got to me the most. U2 wrote every song, so i can blame them for the shitty onslaught my ears had to suffer through. Like poniards being jabbed into my cochlea! It didn't help that Peter Parker's voice was also high and nasaly. But maybe that's just cause Im jealous. Bet he doesn't have an irritated nose. Hahaha, ah well. Got two more shows to see tomorrow before i leave on Thursday.

But i have been having fun though, honest. I've been able to see some old friends again who are from Australia. They came with us on the trip. Oh so today i went to Coney Island. I've always thought that's a strange name for the place, since it isn't even really an island. Its just a boardwalk on the sand with some rides on it!

But going there made me really want to go with, well, actual friends, as opposed to my dad, brother, a 7 year old kid and his dad. It was fun, but i wouldn't mind going to something like an amusement park or whatever with just friends. I don't think I've ever done that before. I had to go on the rides mostly by myself too.. Just thought I'd add that in there!

Hmm, only one more day left in New York, the big apple, the empire state, the i-don't-know-what-other-names-this-place-has.

So how are you?

*edit:- Autocorrect changes fucking automatically into ducking. Try it out and see for yourself! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment