Saturday 18 May 2013

Put 'er there, pal.

Hey there. It's been a while, no? I've meant to write to you sooner, but with my computer still broken, it's not as fun writing on my phone. But. Just gotta make do.

Seems my eyesight is kind of continuously getting worse as the days go by. People's faces 20 feet away from me look like blurry smudges until I stand really still and focus my eyes to adjust to the distance. I don't remember ever having to do that before... It's probably what's causing my headaches that I get every now and then. Ah well. Perhaps it's also correlating to this sudden spike in my piano playing abilities. I'm finding that really enjoyable lately. Just improvising mostly, making up chord progressions and figuring out how to coordinate a melody on the opposite hand. It's pretty tough sometimes, but when it works out, Damn.. It feels good.

Oh oh, the Sunnyboys are playing now! Yuss. "Let You Go". I love this kind of stuff. Haha, you know what? Today I was practicing guitar, and I actually CHOSE to play Impossible Germany for practice. Hahah, Wilco has really grown on me. That band is great. Another band that's grown on me is The Petshopboys. Heh, I just realized two outta three of the bands I've mentioned have boys in their name. Huh.. Time, time, time.

If you had to give up either vision or hearing, what would you choose? I don't know what I'd pick. I mean, music is great and all, but nothing can replace seeing things either.. And since music is so mathematical, I could still probably compose if I figured out and learnt all the right formulas. I dunno. It's a tough question. What would you pick? Who am I even asking? Whoever bothers commenting I guess? Okay.

Hurrrr, Velvet Revolver is playing now. I really like them too. But, eh, skip. I want to be the boy to warm your mother's heart! White Stripes. No? No. Didn't think so. This is a nice song. Hahaha. I think every song on my phone is nice I think... Well. Some things I kinda regret putting them on I guess, like the whole 80 song long soundtrack for portal 2. I still haven't listened to every piece, but.. I don't think I'll ever get around to that. Some pieces are nice, but all the ones I like are the ones at the very end of the third album haha. Ah. Modest Mouse. Thank you Modest Mouse. You're able to perfectly encapsulate so many of my moods and feelings. Lonesome Crowded West especially. Damn good album, the whole thing. So glad I found them for this whole year 13. I think things would be a lot different if I didn't hear some of their songs. I'd probably be a lot less broody in my head.. Ahaha. I dunno. I wanna shake Isaac Brock's hand one day. I'm sure I'll meet him, assuming he doesn't die before that day. Life's a race.

Alrighty then. I'm just mumbling now. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment