Saturday 3 March 2012

Space

Today's the day!

My first musical performance outside of school.

I'll be playing for people who've never even heard about me before, never seen me before, never nothing! Boom! I'm really excited. It's only about a 30 minute slot in the lobby of a mall, but I think that sounds great.

I'll be playing with my good friend Rudy and some other people, like this short homophobic kid. I'm not particularly fond of him, but we seem to be able to get into a groove easily enough so I suppose that's good enough.

After that, we'll then be playing music for a theatre production. A one man show about all the different kinds of space. It sounds really interesting actually. We were meant to write a minute solo each that had something to do with space. The first one that I came up with at home was all about that awkward, unsure space. It was pretty crazy, full of twitch playing and goes from suuuuppppppeeeeer slow to really fast. But I didn't have the nerve to show any of the guys it. So, I'm just doing the more boring part of it. It's a bit of a shame but it felt too intense to be reproduced again and again. It was raw art. So emotional, I almost cried after playing it. Like you were seeing into my possibly-non-existent-but-maybe-there-soul!

Anyways, here's to hoping it'll be a good one!

On another topic, turns out I'm incredibly good at a Chinese card game. Impressed? I was. Cho Tai Ti! Or, however you spell it. I just wrote it how it sounds. Apparently it means big two.

Well then, I suppose I should go do some economics essay-ing right now. It's due next Thursday, and I'm doing it today! Hopefully I'll be able to stay on top of everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment