Friday 4 May 2012

Eureka!

Hey hey hey. I got an idea for a concept album! What about a series of songs, centralized about a member of an insane asylum? Sammy The Psycho is what he/she is called. I'm not quite sure what gender it should be. Perhaps it could think it's a guy sometimes, but then other times it thinks it's a girl. And it's really ambiguous what it really is.

Now there's the question of what's wrong with little Sammy. Schizophrenia maybe? Hmm definitely anxiety. Ooh, bipolar too! Kleptomania? Hahaha perfectionism too. Maybe even self induced stutters at time. Those could be fun to work with. Hmmm Yes, this person has quite a few issues. Perfect for writing about. Each song could be like a story of insight into this fictional character's life. Oh hey, I could probably even integrate that brain transplant song too.

Now the only thing is if I'll ever actually get around to finishing it. What do you think about the concept? Maybe you could give me some ideas or advice or whatever?

I've decided to go back to my roots with this. I've just been frustrating myself I think. Trying to write things that don't feel natural to me. Like I've been trying so hard to write songs in a way that just doesn't feel right. Hah gosh, that's terrible though. Such a one track mind. I'll try experimenting more though, but maybe it'll be more successful. But don't expect any heart felt ballads any time soon.

Kay yeah, just thought I'd write about this idea now, before I undoubtedly forget about it eventually after putting it off for so long. Maybe after a while I'll realise how bad an idea this is. But right now I think it's fucking awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment