Wednesday 13 February 2013

Cold Sweat

It's one AM. I woke up at 11PM and went to sleep at 8PM. I haven't been able to get to bed since, despite my best efforts. You see, I've got this annoying dry cold. I hate dry colds way more than wet ones. At least when they're wet you can blow your nose and spit out phlegm without it hurting. Instead my throat feels like sandpaper and my nose is congested as this Chinese New Year traffic. The drugs I've taken to kill the pain have finally kicked in though, so it's not so bad right now. But I guess that's just because my senses have been dulled due to the painkillers. The medicine is actually supposed to make me drowsy, and it did the first time I took it at 8. But this time it hasn't seemed to do that. Ah well, I may as well enjoy this feeling of numbness before it wears off.

So, today is valentines day, huh? I completely forgot that's what the 14th is, but I just so happened to Google it just now. Talk about coincidence. I looked it up mainly because I wanted to see what it's actually supposed to be. I mean besides a monotised conspiracy by the valentines day card manufacturers. Apparently we should be having a big feast today. That's the tradition! Well, maybe not here. I also read that it was banned in Malaysia, and one year there was a time when something like 30 couples were arrested for celebrating. So tragic. But efforts to pull people apart normally just ends in those people becoming closer. It's so stupid. I mean I get that the whole ban was on religious matters, but still. Great way to promote your own religion. Punish people for completely pointless things because you can and have the power to, while just down the street there's probably something going on that actually deserves punishment. Eh, but i'm just stating the obvious. I doubt anyone reading this would't agree that it's stupid. I'm not sure if this whole outlawing of it is still going on though.

I've decided to listen through Green Day's second album Kerplunk. This is probably my favorite one. Next to Insomniac I think. They wrote this one when they were my age. I'm sure a more attuned music critic would find multiple things wrong with this album, but I don't care. I think it's pretty damn impressive, considering they were already touring by this time too. I'm not finding many redeeming factors about school now besides seeing my friends and music class. Can't wait for it all to be finally over. Only a few more months now. I won't be sick anymore by then too. So that'll be good. At least it's half term now. Well, it won't be for much longer though. I still need to do work. Haven't really done anything work related yet. Ah well, What's the worst that could happen? I fail my diploma? I begin a downward cycle of failure? I trip over a shred of grass again? I'd say the the third thing is probably the most likely to happen. But I highly doubt anything else too terrible will happen. Just take things as they come.

I'm sweating right now. Can't have the aircon on too high because of my throat, but I just can't sleep without the covers. Ahh, bed sheets. They're just so cozy. Hey, a thought burst in my head. And I need to tell you. It's worse than i forethought. Naaaah, not really. Those are just the first words to the song "Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?". You should look it up. Even if you may not like it.

I want to write a symphony one day. And a musical. And some kind of concerto. And an epic ballad. And a slow reflective song with piano and violin. And a funny song with a mandolin in it. And a Christmas song, because I hate Christmas songs. And a song in Spanish; something stupid and simple, but fun. And a concept album about someone crazy. And a love song that I actually like and think is worthy (all the ones I've done so far suck). And a song where I only say the word "fuck". Amn an original score for a whole movie. And a song where I sample in one of my cats meowing, cause that would be cute. Weeell, I'd actually like to make some of those things multiple times. And there's other things too. But I think you get the picture. There's a lot that I want to do. But it's not just doing them too though, they actually have to be good. and by good, I just mean something that I'm proud of, and that inspires others. If I can do even half the things on this list well, I would die a happy man. But I've got a good 143 years left before I die though. So that's plenty of time.

Alright, the album is over now. It ends with their cover of the Who's My Generation. It's pretty good. No epic bass solo though. But it does end with a burp. So that's cool. Okay I'm going to try and sleep again now. Maybe this time I'll be more successful. See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment