Tuesday 26 February 2013

Madly On Spins the World

After school today I decided to enjoy the weather. It was lightly trickling. So instead of going straight to the bus stop, all business as usual, I decided to go the opposite way. Just to feel the dribbles of rain lightly spit on me. It felt calm and also refreshing. I even missed a bus while on my walk, but I didn't mind. I ended up at the happy mart at one point so I thought I'd go grab some oreos. I had suddenly grown a craving for them. But the shop didn't have any. It was disappointing, but I guess it's good. One less packet of oreos down my ever-growing gut now.

My headphones have also lost a vital piece of them today too. Which is a shame because they were turning out to be so good. But now one of the little foamy earbuds that goes over the ear piece has ran away. I lost it this morning in school, so chances are I'll never see it again. Nonetheless I still tried listening to both sides of my headphones, even if one side was naked. It was a strange experience. I was listening to some Rise Against, with the unbalanced headphones, and suddenly my vision phased in and out of blurriness. This was happening while I was walking to the bus stop. It kind of felt like the side of the ear phone that was unprotected was just injecting sound into my brain, overloading its sensory functions, so everything became a blur. Of course my eyes blurring could just be from something else. But it did feel like it.

I've been going through a "hard-rock/heavy-metal" stage in my music listening lately. Hence the Rise Against. But when I stepped on the bus I suddenly felt like a change of pace. So I switched over to the Weepies' World Spins Madly On. Then my eyes went blurry again. It was a strange sensation. I don't think it was particularly healthy. I've entered a mellow phase now with my music listening. That'll probably last a couple of days before it morphs into something else. Before the hard rock phase I was in the acousticy-indie-country phase. That one was fun.

So all of that is basically what happened to me immediately after school one particularly uneventful Tuesday. It may sound all so trivial, but that's just because it is. And there's nothing wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment