Tuesday 23 April 2013

After School Special

This is a short something that I wrote today during a long and boring wait for the bus. All the locations used are real! But nothing else is...

Believe it or not, car door windows are surprisingly easy to break. Just get a medium-ish rock, hold your arm back a bit, and launch. Easy as that. I was walking down the road from school to the bus stop when I discovered this. I saw a rock just minding its own business, when the uncontrollable urge to pick it up took over. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do next, but then I noticed next to me on of those old decrepit cars that have been parked there for centuries. The kind of old where I couldn't tell if the car is supposed to be a musty white, or if bird shit has just completely covered it.

So I threw the rock into the passenger side window. Surprise surprise, the car alarm didn't go off. Who'd have thunk it. I found a few more rocks lying around and did the same to the rest of the windows. Front, back, passenger, and then the driver's side. I wondered what kind of faceless, nameless entity used to drive this literal piece of shit. I didn't wonder too much though, mind you, because I quickly returned to walking down the street to the bus stop. I really just wanted to go home. School was like a concentration camp that day. It was one of those nice afternoons where no one was around because they have already gone home or are too busy buying smelly fish a little further down the road.

It was about 5 minutes later when I noticed another car. This time it was pretty fancy. I don't know anything about cars or brands, but it looked like an expensive one. There was a rock quite close to it. The next thing I knew, an alarm was going off, glass was on the floor, and someone was shouting in my general direction. The person who was shouting came closer until they had grabbed me by the collar just like that old man after I talked too loud after the A-Team movie. He was the kind of man who you could tell he'd eaten too much when he was a kid. He also had this sick sore under his left eye that was the most vibrant yellow I had ever seen in my life. There was another rock in my hand. It didn't take long before I was being held up by a bloody, pus spurting mess. It was disgusting. He finally let me go once the shock got to him that his eyeball was hanging on his left cheek. I wasn't sure what to really do, or even what happened, so I did what any innocent person would do. I ran away.

No comments:

Post a Comment