Wednesday 6 March 2013

THIRTY PAGES

That, my friends, is how long Act 1 Scene 2 of the Duchess of Malfi is. OH BOY! I can't wait to get cracking on these thirty five questions. It's going to be amazing. Truly amazing.

Hopefully I'll actually sleep before one tonight. First time this week if that's the case. Here's hoping! I know, I know. If I want to sleep earlier I should stop writing this. But, I dunno, this kind of feels necessary. Just as necessary as my English and maths homework.

Today wasn't so bad, but there was one particular time which felt particularly bad at a particular moment. But other than that, I think today was alright. I've got to stop investing my thinking time in worrying and caring about things which aren't making me feel very good half the time. So that's something to work on. I mean besides my English homework. It's a slow, laborious process; reprogramming my brain. But I think it'll be worth it in the end. Or something worth regretting. I don't really know. It's hard to know about the future so I'm just going to focus on the present and try and be happy. If that means accepting what's hard, so be it. It'll be better than feeling frustrated half the time.

My friend has pointed out to me that I've also been acting pretty cynical lately. I agree with him. I don't think that's a position I should really be aiming for though. It's just kind of happened. Some form of bitter chip has this tendency to sometimes try and consume my shoulder. I gotta peel it off before it's too late. I think I can do it. It's all about Reduction, Restoration and Reformation. The three R's. I just made up those three R's and I don't actually know if that term already exists or not, but I'm going to try and follow it because having some sort of structure to follow lets my mind focus on things other than how I'm going to deal with things in my life. Psh, who'd wanna do that? That's a joke by the way. Albeit probably not very funny, but whatever.

My composition is something I'm really happy about. It's actually going somewhere, and it has a story, and it's pretty passionate too. The first piece I've actually composed for the piano and the mandolin. It'd probably be pretty easy for people who can actually play those two instruments fluently, but hey, it's my first attempt. Sometimes simplicity is what a task requires. I'll post it on here with a bit more of an explanation once it's finished. You may or may not like it. It's very different to what I normally write. Which is a good thing, I think.

Okay then, I've rambled on enough. I've consciously tried to make this post more positive than some of the previous ones, so I hope it shows.

Good-by.

No comments:

Post a Comment