Wednesday 19 September 2012

Disconnect-connect-connect-connect-aagghh-disconnect

Yes! That's right! Due to unpopular demand here is another shoddily recorded demo!! And get this, I even played the drums myself this time, instead of making a drum track. So uhh.. that's why the drums sound completely random at times. Because I was basically just jamming, messing around with the different cymbals. That's why there's more fills in this song! But just remember, it's a DEMO. And I had no help. In an ideal world I'd really like to run it with my band, and get their input too, and make it even better! But we'll see about that I guess.

So without further adoo (i know that's wrong) HERE IT IS:


And as an added bonus, because I apparently really don't wanna finish this other English essay I have to do, here are the lyrics!

So much stimuli in this world
It's impossible to experience it all.
So if all is fair in life and death
Then I better keep away from all of it.

There's so much beauty, I've been told;
On this little planet, we call home.
But what about all the eyesores too?
Yeah, I'm better off closing my eyes for good.

Chorus!
Don't mind me just sitting here.
I would rather disappear.
Forget the time that's passing by.
I would, rather close my eyes.
When you're plagued with disaffect,
I'd much rather disconnect....!

ooo-waoo-oo-waoo-oo
oo-waoo-oo-waoo-oo-oo
waoo-oo, waoo-oo

There's so much tension in this place.
And I can feel the signals punchin' my face.
Radio static, coming in clear.
Yeah, it's, it's force fed, right into my ear.

When your cell phone's smarter than you
Where is the point in learning something new?
What's the latest trendy perfume flair?
Oh, I heard it's apathy, wafting in the air.

Then, ya know, some more chorus' or whatever.

Tadaaah, the end. In case you couldn't tell, because even I have a hard time telling sometimes, I'm being sarcastic in this song. I don't really wanna disconnect from people. It just feels like sometimes it's all I can do.




2 comments:

  1. Noiiiice, pretty catchy I've gotta say. You don't sound sarcastic though. I think you mean every. single. thing. Especially about your phone being smarter than you. Giggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shit, you got me. It's all completely sincere. But thanks.

      Delete