Sunday 21 October 2012

Long Road

Hey, so guess what? This is my 80th post. Not a bad number I think.

I'm gonna try and get to 100 posts by the end of the year. Looking at my track record, that seems preeetty likely. Unless NOTHING interesting happens from now until 2013. But I doubt that! Stuff happens all the time around here. So much stuff.

I've been getting headaches lately, pretty much on a nightly basis. The interesting part, I think anyway, is that the pain is always on different parts of my head. Like, last night, it was at the back, on my left side. So that would be around my temporal lobe I suppose? Which doesn't make a lot of sense, because that's where language is processed, but hey, who knows. Maybe it's cause I was trying to think in spanish? Right now I'm feeling it in the front right half. So that's around the frontal lobe I think. That's in charge of planning, so I guess that makes some sense, since I'm kind of worried about tomorrow, and I've been trying to plan what's gonna happen.

Yeah, tomorrow I'll be working with some kids who are vision impaired. I'm looking forward to it cause I get to teach them music, and I think it'll be really fun. But.. I dunno, I think it's just the thought of having to work with people. And people are so unpredictable. Especially ones that I've never met before. So, it's hard for me to wrap my head around what to expect, how it'll go, stuff like that. I probably shouldn't be anxious about it, but I am. But that's okay, just gonna take it all in my stride. One step at a time.

Speaking of steps, that leads onto the title. Long Road. It's been a pretty long road I think. What has you ask? Well, just the past year and a half I suppose. From the start of IB till now. A lot has happened. A lot more good than bad, which is great. But yeah. When I try and think back to the very beginning, I actually find it kinda hard. It feels so far back, it's like, if I were to literally look back down the road, I'd be able to see a vague outline of what happened, but the specific details (not all though), are pretty much faded. Hidden behind the smog. It makes me wonder if I've really learnt anything, or if I've just gone with the flow so much that I've let it drift me away to places I didn't even realise.

Either way though, it doesn't really matter. It's half term now, and that's what I can be happy about. Woohoo! I know there's a lot of people who were pretty reluctant about this, since it's not technically a *holiday* cause we've got so much work to prepare for, that's so important. But still! At least we're not in school. I'm thankful there's a week away from it. I just realised I'm almost up to my 5th year here. That's a pretty long time. Is that why I'm going slightly stir crazy? Perhaps. Peeeerhhaaaaapppssss.

Sleeeeeppyy. You're getting moooooore and moooooore sleeeeppy. Not cause this is really boring. But because you are being hypnotized. HaHA! Only kidding. You're not being hypnotized. Yet. Once I sort out the kinks, I think hypnotism could be really fun. If it even works. Still need to find a test subject who actually WANTS to be hypnotized. Ooooone daaay, ooooone daaaay.

Speaking of one day. This particular day, was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it. It was enjoyable. I think I'm getting pretty good at talking. If I do say so myself. Which I do. Heeeh.

Now then, time to eat some oreos. Sweet, sweet, delectable oroes. Oh how you complete me.

loljk.

UGH! That's another thing! I've gotten into the horrible habit of writing "lol". I mean, I really do only type it when I'm laughing out loud, but still. I used to hate it! In my old blog, I made a whole rant about it! Whatever happened to standards? They're all but disintegrated now. Ahhhhh weeeell. lol.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. People change Fizzlewits. Even if those people may or may not just be a figment of your imagination.

      Delete