Monday 22 October 2012

Pinkerton

Ahh Pinkerton. I forgot why you're my favourite album of all time. Luckily I'm listening to you now I'm reminded of how fucking awesome you are. I think it's the fact it's so raw. Like, I know it is obviously produced, but done in a way that makes it sound like everything was done in the moment, in one take. Like it's a perfect snapshot of the energy at the time. I hope to one day produce an album with that kind of rawness.

I woke up to "Why Bother" today, and I think that's what subliminally got me interested in you again. You're so cool. How can one thing possibly hold so much awesome? And it's like every time I see you, I find more things that make you awesome. So it's just constantly building up. But then it gets to the point where my list of adjectives is not able to do justice to the sheer amazingness of you.

Ooh, "The Good Life" is on now. Me and this songs have some good memories. That's the first song I played with Joo and Hayley. The precursor to Half an Hour Late. Granted it was only for a grade, but it was fun. And the words ring pretty true too. It makes me kinda regretful that we aren't playing it any more and it's not even in our repertoire. But that's what happens I guess. Wouldn't mind playing it again though once I get outta here. I mean, I wouldn't mind playing it while I'm still here.

ELLLLLL SCCOOOOCHHOOOOO!!!! This has to be my favourite song out of the whole album. Something about it. I've been told it's boring though. hee hee. I don't mind. I'd rather be boring and like this song than interesting.

It's true. I'm dumb, she's a lesbian! I thought I had found the one! We were good as married in my mind! But married in my mind's no good... Greeaat chorus. I feel bad for Rivers though. If this really did happen to him like he says it did. Shit. Let me know the truth. Please.

I wonder what it's like to play a cello? I bet it's really difficult. OH BABY I'M AFRAID I'M FALLING FOR YOU. Wooooaah, where'd that come from? The song Falling For You obviously. Duuuh. I'm sorry for what I did. I did what my body told me to.

Hhhh, you know what I hate the most though? It's only 10 songs long. Just as it begins, it's over. I wanna get to know you more, but there's just no time it seems. But we can make time. I can make time. That's why there's an extra 10 tracks or so with demos and radio versions of the singles. I don't think time is really an issue here. But then what is it? Maybe it's cause half the songs are repeats. Sure they're "live" or "radio-remixes" but they're still essentially the same. But you know what? I think a healthy relationship has repeats in it. Repetition means you're just knowing each other better and better.

Wow, it's like I'm not even talking about Pinkerton any more.

But I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment