Monday 21 January 2013

All Dayer

So, my experiment was very interesting indeed.

Everything I predicted was the exact opposite that happened in reality. I should have known though, really, shouldn't I? It was a bold move, trying to think of it positively. But oh well, like I said, it was an experiment. Now I know that staying up all day doesn't instantly make you awesome. Maybe it did when you were 12. But the times have changed, my friend. The times have changed.

Tomorrow is gonna be another all dayer. Just like all of my life up to now. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be nocturnal. Not like fake nocturnal though, where you just stay up really late and then sleep for a few hours and then live during the day too. But full on nocturnal, where you live your life in the dark and you sleep during the day. I think it would be interesting to re-adjust your body clock like this. I've actually got an uncle who works in this cold storage place for food in Australia, and he is nocturnal, because his job demands it. It's interesting because his wife, my aunt, is diurnal. So they only live during the same time frame the few moments before either of them goes to bed. Seems to work for them though.

Maybe this longing for something different is just because I'm getting restless. Don't get me wrong though, I'm content with this diurnal lifestyle. But I still want to experience other things. Even if it's just for a moment in time. At least I can then say to myself: "Yeah, that's right. I did that for a while." I don't how well that speaks of me living in the long-run. But oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment