Wednesday 16 January 2013

Oh dear.

Every day I love you less and less.

Don't you just hate it when your face starts bleeding? Me too. I don't mean nose bleeds or anything, just face bleeding. Hmm, it really does suck. You know what else sucks? Having another biology test tomorrow. But it's okay, because I'm confident about it. Just need to catch up a bit more on evolution, and everything will be in the bag. The metaphorical bag, of course. Because I don't think I own a bag that can fit everything. Maybe Doraemon's pouch, but then that's still not really a bag.

The Kasier Chiefs are an interesting gem that I accidentally stumbled upon the other day. I'm glad I did,   because now there's yet another band that I can learn from! So much to absorb when it comes to music and composing. I get kind of excited just thinking about the possibilities. Of course, it's one thing writing about writing music, and it's another thing actually writing the damn music that I can be fully proud of and say: "Yeah, I wrote that." It's all part of the learning process though. Getting duds. I'm pretty sure all the bands I've listened to have written a lot more songs than they've released, but scrapped because they didn't represent what they want to say. It didn't do fully do them justice. I'm feeling that with the old music I've written. There's not enough thought put into it, not enough actual creative intent. It's just chords with a shaky melody pasted on. I need to figure out how to make everything cohesive, and sound like everything is put in there for a reason.

Well, that's what college is for I guess. I've decided I'm going to do my bachelor degree in composition in Singapore first, and then do my masters in Chicago. Then, if everything goes to plan, springboard my career as a freelance composer/band guy from there. Only time will tell I guess. But I'm pretty excited.

Whatever happens, it'll be a lot better than a bleeding face.

2 comments:

  1. I could've sworn you knew the Kaiser Chiefs already. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry my friend, but you aaare mistaken! Wish I knew about them earlier though.

      Delete