Wednesday 30 January 2013

Lines

I find some kind of cold comfort equating maths to life. I think it's because of the kind of structure and comprehensible understanding of the universe it offers.

I was thinking about this particular thought during lunch time today:

Everybody's a line. Not necessarily a straight line, but a line of some sort. And each of our personal functions interact with each other in some way.
More likely than not, we're tangents to each other. We in this case being everyone in existence. I say we're tangents because we have the potential to get close, really close. Yet in the end we will never touch, because that's the curse of tangents. Negative or positive, infinity or one, there will never be true contact.
There's normals too, friends of friends and such. Normals intersect tangents, so now we're moving into complete relationships. Someone's normal is another's tangent. We're all of them at the same time. It just depends what perspective we're looking through.
Interesting lines occur sometimes. Maybe at one point in your life, maybe multiple. It depends on when and where you are I guess.

Do lines end when you die? People can still interact with your corpse or memory even if you aren't still around. So in a sense, maybe they don't end? I'm not actually sure. Maybe your line ends, but others just have the potential of intersecting. Or at the very least be a tangent. Maybe if I worked as a gravedigger for 30 years I'd have a better idea on lines after death.

Ah well. I'm on the bus hone right now. I thought writing all of this would help pass the time. Guess it did. There's tangents all around me. I don't know anything about them and they me. But there's potential to get close. Even knowing someone's name counts as moving closer. I don't believe in destiny or faith though. So who am I to say the chances of intersecting with others is slim? Ah, I don't know.

God damn.

What am I doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment